Yay! I can talk about one of my recent projects. Yesterday, I received a message from my friend saying the recipients of my latest project loved it… or rather them.
I was asked by a friend to make another crocheted bride and groom. This is the same friend who asked me to crochet a bride and groom previously. She asked if I could add a few embellishments such as having the groom wearing a football shirt with a Nottingham Forest logo on it, and the bride holding a bottle of wine.
I certainly gave it a good go!
No pattern, I just made it up as I went and am pleased with how the figures turned out.
The trickiest aspects I found were the bride’s hair and the logo on the grooms top. The logo was produced using several chains of white which I pinned into shape. The bride’s hair was basically embroidered on, this took a long time but worked well. 🙂
A week ago I started to crochet two amigurumi figures, though I’ve only worked on them during the weekends. Someone I work with asked me if I could make a bride and groom. I said I probably could and set about looking for patterns. There are a few nice pins on pinterest but nothing that really took my fancy so I decided to design my own.
I’m pleased with the finished figures. I’m especially satisfied with the small flowers that I used on the groom and the bouquet (thanks Pinterest); the colour changes for the shirt, and the brides hair (which took most of last night). ￼
The parts that I found the most difficult to do were the faces. I’ve used wool for features in the past and it made the faces look ridiculous. This time l used thin thread which has worked much better. However, I do think that embroidery thread may have been the thread to have used… next time!