I’m in the middle of rewriting the pattern for my sheep. Hopefully it will be about half the size of my larger sheep I made a couple of weeks ago. I’m happy with the way it’s turning out though it did take three attempts to get the head the right size. Resizing a pattern certainly isn’t a straightforward process.
I’m making it bit by bit as I write. My hope is that I’ll spot mistakes and problems as I go. It seems to be working so far.
Crocheting the fleece as I go has been much easier than leaving it until the end. Adding it to the legs before I joined them together proved much less fiddly; fleecing the body not having arms attached made the whole process much more manageable.
Now I need to make ears, a tail and the all important arms. 🙂
Two and half years in the making and finally my Lollo Bear is finished!
This project was started when I was quite new to crochet; I was slower and the organisation of all the motifs was a real struggle. I could feel the increased confidence and speed I now possess as I crocheted the arms and legs together this last week. It’s good to recognise and appreciate how far I’ve come.
The pattern for this project is available at ravelry by Heidi Bears (here). I love the care and attention the author has put into this pattern; it is incredibly detailed with lots of photos. It’s a big pattern though (huge actually) it’s split into several parts and, I thought, much too large to print. This wasn’t too much of a problem though as: the motif diagrams are on a checklist sheet, and the joining of motifs is similar throughout.
The arms and legs are attached via buttons and are able to move. I’m looking forward to finding this bear a good home; I have a good idea where he’s going. 🙂
In my post a couple of days ago, I teased with a few photos of the comforter I’ve crocheted. I intentionally didn’t show the whole thing because I wanted to take some better photographs, in natural light, with a better camera. Also, I felt, it deserved it’s own post!
I am so pleased with how it’s turned out. The (Sirdar snowflake) yarn I used makes the granny square beautifully soft and fluffy.
Attaching the head to the comforter was something I’d seen on Pinterest (I think). I loved the idea but thought that it would look better if attached at the corner rather than in the centre of the square. The pattern I used for the teddy bear head is available free here. I did, however, adapt the ears and rather than creating inner and outer circles opted for one half circle per ear.
I’m really pleased with the way this turned out and will definitely be making more… perhaps with other animal heads. My Husband suggested adding paws too, which I quite like the idea of. 🙂
Unable to resist I’ve started a new project! A sunflower blanket/afghan.
I’ve no pattern as such but I’m using motifs from a shawl (circular motif shawl – free pattern) I made for my mam for Christmas. The shawl I made uses a Patons colour change aran and requires no changing for the colour variation… the yarn does all the work.
The motifs aren’t too hard to crochet and they join together in the last round so you join as you go-which I quite liked. There was quite a lot of weaving to do though, I kind of wished I did that as I went along too. 🙂
My mam was very pleased with her gift and my dad couldn’t believe I’d made it by hand.
I thought it might be nice to make another but larger and to play with the colours of the rounds to make sun flowers. I’m liking the effect so far!
I do love amigurumi. They are usually relatively straightforward to make and take less to time to finish. I find that I usually have a few longer projects on the go whilst also making amigurumi for people who have asked.
One of my favourite amigurumi to make is the Spring Bunny by Jessica Lau. The form is quite simple but gives a cute effect; the only difficulty getting the face right which will probably become easier with practice.
I made these when a friend asked and really liked how they looked 🙂
It’s definitely feeling colder now in the UK and Winter is on it’s way.
Currently, I’m wearing a neck warmer that I designed myself and wristers that I made as part of one of the crochet crowd challenges.
The wristers follow a nice easy (free) pattern that only takes a few hours to work.
I edged both the neck warmer in a wool, that added a subtle splash of color, and really liked the results.
One of the first things I learned to make were crocheted roses. The nicest pattern that I found was part of a Youtube video.
They’re easy and effective to make; you’ll find them enhancing quite a few of my projects.
I’ve finished a couple of projects recently and was at a loose end. So rather than continue with my bear that I’m crocheting (bit complicated atm) I decided I’d make a snow flake. I’m thinking maybe I could make and sell a few or even give some as gifts.
I’m really pleased with the result but need to find a way to stiffen it. My spray starch didn’t do the trick.
Here’s the pattern… I spotted a few mistakes but generally it’s good http://www.bhg.com/christmas/cards/crochet-a-snowflake-gift-topper/