Whilst trying to declutter, I read a tip that suggested getting rid of old incomplete craft projects that were simply taking up space. My mind instantly flitted to a couple of projects that had stopped and just not progressed in a long time: an experimental scarf which was more about me testing out an idea, and Lollo the African flower bear (pattern can be found on ravelry).
Without any regret and wondering why I hadn’t done it sooner, I frogged (unravelled) the scarf and wound up the yarn into a ball. But as for my bear… No! There was no way I could throw away the body and head I’d made so long ago. It sat in a bag by the side of my bed waiting for me to be inspired- so sad.
I started crocheting this pattern at least two and half years ago. I made the head and body but got no further than making the motifs for the arms. I blogged about having stopped crocheting the bear (here) and had intentions to continue but alas untouched it sat.
The pattern is very detailed and broken into many parts. Being relatively new to crochet at the time I found its scope a little daunting. There were many motifs requiring various sized crochet hooks and a level of organisation I was struggling with.
If I wasn’t going to dispose of this unfinished project then there was only one thing to do; I needed to complete my bear.
That is exactly what I’ve been doing. Sadly, I’d long ran out of one of the colours of yarn that I had been using for the motifs so I had to be a little creative. I crocheted motifs using a different (but similar) colours and mixed these in with the arm motifs that I’d crocheted previously. It seems to be working and feels good to have made progress.
Tomorrow, I’ll post my finished bear. 🙂