A good while ago I started a crocheted basket. Rather than use chunky yarn or purchased tshirt yarn, I was eager to try out an idea I’d had.
With the help of a pair of sharp scissors and the ironing board, I cut up an old double quilt cover and matching pillow cases making my own rag yarn.
Working with the largest hook I had, 10mm, I began working on a spiral/circular base. When the base was the desired size I crocheted the next round through the back lips only and then worked the sides evenly.
The other day, I thought the basket might look good with a lid so I set about making a circle slightly bigger than the base and gave it sides like I did for the main basket. In pleased with the result.
Ormskirk now to have a bit of extra space for my yarn stash 🙂