Project blanky part 2: Repairing crochet is hard!

Last night’s crocheting was massively unsuccessful!

That said, I did actually learn quite a lot so that’s good. I attempted to reattach the inner blanket to the outer piece three times.

Issues I encountered were:
1. When  slip stitching the blanket together a visible ridge formed on the front. I didn’t like this.
2.I had done one round too many and had to undo a row.
3. When doing half double crochets and slip stitches, the round I was joining to became obscured.

Grrr

So I left it for the night and went for a walk with my husband (gotta do those 10,000 steps a day -I ended up doing 14,000). Whilst walking I had a flash of inspiration. I could slip stitch the blanket together from behind.

Today, that is what I did. It worked 🙂

There are definite issues with tension and there is a ridge on the back. However, the blanket…is not falling apart and is now in one piece as opposed to two. I’m considering this a win!

At the moment I’m blocking the blanket.
image

Advertisements

6 Comments

Filed under creations, Learning

6 responses to “Project blanky part 2: Repairing crochet is hard!

  1. You have done a great job!Bravo!My compliments!

  2. Wow, that has become a beautiful lovely blanket again. You did a very fine job!

  3. Looks like it worked out great! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s